Monday, July 30, 2018

Free immigration questions online

I won a green card through Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. My question is do I have to maintain my F1 status?

I'm F1 student. I acquired a green card through Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. My question is do I need to keep my F1 standing while looking forward to my Interview?
A: YES! While living in america you ought to always keep standing.

My husband received a waived deportation document from a immigration judge, what to do with that document?

My husband is ex Marine but yet to recieved or grant for green and citizenship in USA, so we should proceed to fill I 130 and I-485 or what we should do?
A: Do you mean the judge terminated proceedings? Or did he or she grant you a waiver? If so, what kind of waiver? (there are many!) You ought to sit down with an immigration attorney for a consultation. Free consultations are offered by many of us as these problems can be quite fact specific.

I have my green card and want to apply for my Citizenship but I have a juvenile record will I get denied automatically?

A: Not mechanically. Nevertheless, you ought to work with an immigration lawyer to find out whether the criminal record is debatable for naturalization. It depends on the offense.

LPR documents requirement when travel outside U.S.

My mother is LPR, and she intends to travel outside U.S. in this summer. After reading the document "Traveling outside of the U.S. - Files needed for Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR)/Green Card holders" on U.S. Customs and Border Protection web site. it says," Foreign nationals who have applied for permanent residency may need to be approved for advance parole ahead of traveling out of the U.S. In order to be readmitted when traveling back to the U.S. (H1, H4, L1, L2, K3, K4 or V2, V3 holders don't need advance parole to travel abroad after applying to adjust status." I wonder, does my mom should file parole prior in advance to be able to be readmitted when traveling back to the U.S. ? Another concern, her green card will expire on March 2018. Is she ok to travel outside U.S. in December? As an LPR, how long can she remain outside U.S.? Exactly how many days can she stay outside U.S. if she travels multiple times during a year? Thank you in advance for your reply
A: For every one of the details either contact an immigration attorney or visit the USCIS office in Denver (schedule a meeting online since they do not meet non-scheduled parties). An attorney will charge a fee and the USCIS is not going to charge you (but you'll have to wait). Advanced parole is for individuals who are applying for PR standing, but have not been granted formal PR acceptance. That is, provided the green card remains valid advanced parole isn't normally required.Within the bounds of "temporary" travel, there are not any constraints of how many times a permanent resident leaves the US, provided that they still meet the minimal amount of time in the US required to maintain the PR standing (i.e. 6 months or more outside the US can result in LPR desertion).For the details of PR requirements review the PR application instructions. The USCIS webpage should also have this information accessible.Determined by when she files for a renewal and when your mom is outside the US an advanced parole may be demanded.Eventually, remember a valid green card AND a valid foreign passport have to leave and reenter the US for green card holders.

Does my wife need to update her name on her green card before filing an I-130 for me (husband/spouse)?

I myself am a foreign national who married my wife who's a US permanent resident. We got married in the US and she took my surname upon marriage. (1.) Does my wife, as the I130 need to make an application for a brand new permanent resident card with her surname that is updated before filing the I-130 or will our US marriage certificate suffice? (2.) Also, she has 3 middle names (Example: Jane Alexandria Victoria Elizabeth Doe). Her permanent resident card has all her old names; yet, our marriage certificate just has her first name, first middle name, second middle name initial and my new surname (Example: Jane Alexandria V Thomas). Which name should she comprise on the I-130 in accordance with my first question? Thank you.
A: Immigration law is changing almost daily and it's unwise to put it charitably to try and represent yourself in an immigration issue. Just an Immigration attorney has the expertise to correctly fill out immigration forms and put together the appropriate bundle of documents and other evidence to support the immigration gains you are attempting to obtain. Nonetheless, especially in these troubled times, you really should retain an immigration attorney. This really is simply not a do-it-yourself endeavor! You need to focus on retaining experienced immigration counsel, especially now since Trump is currently President that immigration is a great deal more restrictive.

How can I protect my illegal husband of 20 years from deportation? I'm a US born citizen and we have 3 children.

He entered before we married and got found, so he had orders. He voluntarily left, but came back 18 months later after we married, and was not found the second time. He has no criminal record other when compared to a seatbelt ticket. Our children are ages 19, 15, and 12. He does not have any visa. Without having to leave, how can he get legalized? We've been married 20 years. I am scared for him. Will someone please answer me? A: Consider contacting legal counsel for a consultation. Situations similar to this are highly fact specific. There can be a method to help your husband, but it is tough to figure out without more information. I am US citizen who married my wife in Jamaica. What's the best alternative to bring my wife to the USA? Affordable attorneys? What is the avg. fee rate from start to finish? To comprehend the procedure. Is the green card exactly like partner visa? Is there any who applied for Visa has the process slowed down due to Trump's new executive order?
A: The Trump EO should not slow down the processing of the I-130 petition for a Jamaican citizen. Best way to assess your wife's scenario would be request price quotes during the consult and to discuss in a consultation setting with multiple lawyers. Many immigration attorneys offer free consultations. Pick the one you feel most comfortable with and preferably who's an AILA member (American Immigration Lawyers Association).

No comments:

Post a Comment